Health economic aspects of the nutritionDay dataset
nutritionDay is a repeated cross-sectional survey dataset with collection taking place annually around the world in three settings (hospital wards, intensive care units, and nursing homes). The data consists of nutrition specific data, patient characteristics, and 30-day outcomes. The DHE contributed to the development of the new nutritionDay 2.0 survey focusing on the incorporation of quality and economic indicators and the investigation of economic aspects (especially LOS) of the nutritionDay dataset via the work of two doctoral students.
- Kiss N, Hiesmayr M, Sulz I, Bauer P, Heinze G, Mouhieddine M, Schuh C, Tarantino S, Simon J. Predicting hospital length of stay at admission using global and country-specific competing risk analysis of structural, patient, and nutrition-related data from nutritionDay 2007-2015. Nutrients. 2021 Nov 16;13(11):4111. DOI: 10.3390/nu13114111
- Moick S, Hiesmayr M, Mouhieddine M, Kiss N, Bauere P, Sulze I, et al. Reducing the knowledge to action gap in hospital nutrition care – developing and implementing nutritionDay 2.0. Clin Nutr. 2020 Jul 2. DOI: 10.1016/j.clnu.2020.06.021
- Hiesmayr M, Tarantino S, Moick S, Laviano A, Sulz I, Mouhieddine M, et al. Hospital Malnutrition, a Call for Political Action: A Public Health and NutritionDay Perspective. In: Stanga Z, Schuetz P, editors. Nutritional Management and Outcomes in Malnourished Medical Inpatients. J Clin Med. 2020 Jul;Special Issue:5-22. ISBN 978-3-03936-491-6 (Hbk); ISBN 978-3-03936-492-3 (PDF), DOI: 10.3390/books978-3-03936-492-3
- Hiesmayer M, Tarantino S, Moick S, Laviano A, Sulz I, Mouhieddine M, Schuh C, Volkert D, Simon J, Schindler K (2019): Hospital malnutrition, a call for political action: a public health and nutritionDay perspective. Journal of Clinical Medicine, 8 (12). doi: 10.3390/jcm8122048
- Moick, S, Simon, J, Hiesmayr, M (2019): Nutrition care quality indicators in hospitals and nursing homes: A systematic literature review and critical appraisal of current evidence. Clinical Nutrition. doi.org/10.1016/j.clnu.2019.07.025
- Kiss, N, Sulz, I, Bauer, P, Simon, J, Mouhieddine, M, Hiesmayr, J M (2019): Nutrition-Related Factors Associated with Length of Hospital Stay Following NutritionDay, Clinical Nutrition, Vol 38, Suppl 1, p 18, DOI: 10.1016/S0261-5614(19)32510-5