Covid-19 and mental health in Austria
The study explored the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on people's mental health and (capability) wellbeing in Austria. Self-reported data on capability wellbeing (OxCAP-MH), mental health (HADS), overall wellbeing (WHO-5), social support (MSPSS) and perceptions of the public health measures during the three lockdowns in Austria were collected at three time-points (May-June 2020, November-December 2020 and November-December 2021) using an online survey.
- Middleton J, Davidovitch N, Barros H, Lopes H, Moreno JMM, Mason-Jones AJ, et al. ASPHER Statement: Planning for winter 2022-23. Public Health Rev. 2022 Oct 3;43:1605394. DOI:10.3389/phrs.2022.1605394
- Hrzic R, Davidovitch N, Barros H, Lopes H, Moreno JMM, Mason-Jones AJ, et al. ASPHER Statement: Facing the fourth winter of the COVID-19 pandemic. Public Health Rev. 2022 Oct 3;43:1605395. DOI: 10.3389/phrs.2022.1605395
- Helter T, Laszewska A, Simon J. Exploring the over-time, multifaceted impacts of three Covid-19 lockdowns on aspects of capability, wellbeing and mental health across vulnerabilities in Austria. Sci Rep. 2022 Oct 01;2:16484. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-022-20977-z
- Beccia F, Davidovitch N, McCallum A, Simon J, Reid J. How are inequalities in health from Long COVID being exacerbated and what are the strategic implications for more equitable support for those with enduring clinical sequelae of infection? ASPHER Statement. 2022 Jun.
- Reid J, Michelson K, Siepmann I, Mason-Jones A, Simon J. Addressing the long shadows of the COVID-19 pandemic's unjust, unequal, deep, widespread and enduring impacts over the next decade. 2nd ASPHER Statement on the pandemic impacts on health inequalities in disadvantaged vulnerable populations in the European region. 2022 Feb.
- Łaszewska A, Helter TM, Simon J. Perceptions of Covid-19 lockdowns and related public health measures in Austria: a longitudinal online survey. BMC Public Health. 2021 Aug 4;21:1502. DOI: 10.1186/s12889-021-11476-3
- Nagel A, Łaszewska A, Haidinger G, Simon J. The first 8 weeks of the Austrian SARS-CoV-2 epidemic. Wiener Klin Wochenschr. 2021 Apr;133(7):364-376. DOI: 10.1007/s00508-020-01804-9
- Simon J, Helter T, White R, van der Boor C, Laszewska A. Impacts of the Covid-19 lockdown and relevant vulnerabilities on capability well-being, mental health and social support: An Austrian survey study. BMC Public Health. 2021 Feb 8;21:314. DOI: 10.1186/s12889-021-10351-5
- Simon J. COVID-19 in Austria. ASPHER Newsletter. 2020 Nov; p.10-15.
- Link to data repository
- Link to results from the first wave of the study
- "Psyche im Corona-Stress" - an interview with Prof Simon, 2021/1 WIEN WISSEN